- Joining this band is something special. The music. The pageantry. The friendships. Some have marched with us all thirty-eight years. Others joined just last season for the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade and look forward to thirty or more years ahead of them.
A Community Marching Band from the greater St. Petersburg and Tampa Bay Florida area, the “Rounders” consistently boast over 400 members ages 18-80! Open to anyone who has ever performed in a high school or college marching band who would like to do it again, a “Second Time Around.”
We rehearse and performs locally around Tampa Bay typically Jan-April/May each year, keeping the season short to maximize membership and membership’s enjoyment of the band! In 2020, we’ll be adding a short Fall season as well!
Membership is open for Spring 2021 and we ENCOURAGE you to think about joining us this year! Let us know your interest by clicking here to add you to our mailing list. CLICK HERE. There is no obligation to be on our mailing list to occasionally learn more about the band and our activities!
Join us on Facebook at our public page (Second Time Arounders) for photos, videos, and periodic updates about the band and what’s up with us. Like us at: https://www.facebook.com/SecondTimeArounders
For thirty-eight years joining this band has been a life-enhancing event for our members both musically and socially. We can’t begin to tell you how much fun this group is and how much it means to so many twirlers, dancers, musicians, and support team members.
Our Spring 2020 season sadly fell short with the Coronavirus and we’re currently looking at ways to SAFELY return in the Fall while following all CDC, local, and National guidelines for musical performance and marching bands as they evolve. Be ready when we are by letting us know you’re interested!
Our full calendar of rehearsals and performances, as well as special events (social and fundraising) can always be found on our Calendar Page here.
NOT BEEN A ROUNDER BEFORE? – How do I learn more toward joining?
- Tell Us About Yourself – If you are interested in joining for the first time, complete the short “Yes I’m Interested Form” below, to start the process. We will contact you via email within a few days. Submitting your information does not obligate you to join the Rounders. It does get you on our mailing list for occasional informational emails and the like.
- Attend All Rehearsals and Performances – Our online calendar provides a planning tool (six months ahead) so you can clear your calendar to participate. All members are expected to be at all practices. If it becomes necessary for you to miss one practice, you will need to clear it in advance with your section’s shepherd. With this Fall being a “short” season, 100% attendance is necessary to join at this time. See our calendar link above!
- Get Your Uniform Ready
– Musicians wear an official shirt and cap, with blue “Docker-style” pants (white shoes and sox, black belt is optional) View “Member Info – Uniform/Merchandise” navigation above. We’ll help you with all that beginning at the second rehearsal.
– Auxiliary Units have an official uniform ordered at the beginning of the year with help of your section lead (after joining)!
- Be Ready to Have Fun – Being part of the Rounder Family, is something you will enjoy. There is nothing like preparing and performing again for a cheering crowd!
If you have any questions about joining the band, please feel free to contact us through our Recruiting Lead, Lee Lafleur, at firstname.lastname@example.org